IRONMAN® 70.3® SARDEGNA
Ironman Triathlon: the first edition of IRONMAN® 70.3® Sardinia
Forte Village, the multi prized resort in Santa Margherita di Pula in the province of Cagliari, will be hosting the Ironman Triathlon, the most important circuit of the world Triathlon which will be in Sardinia for the very first time. The news was spread on the 10th of December 2019 by the IRONMAN Group, Wanda Sports Group society.
Surrounded by the marvelous Sardinian sea and soft white sand beaches, Forte Village is ready to welcome the first edition of IRONMAN® 70.3® Sardinia, the international triathlon race programmed for the 25th of October 2020.
Sardinia will be the second stop in Italy after Cervia, and the island will be receiving athletes from all over the world who will close the season with an incredible race in a unique location.
The starting point and finish line of the Ironman Triathlon will be at Forte Village, yet more proof of the attention and dedication of the resort in organizing great sports events in collaboration with local entities.
The swimming race will be of 1.900 meters in the splendid crystal clear blue sea on the south of the Island, plus 90 km by bike and 21 km running over some of the most fascinating areas in the south of Sardinia where one can be immersed in the fragrances of uncontaminated nature.
Starting from the 12th of December 2019 you can subscribe to the race by connecting to Ironman 70.3 Sardegna, a race of opportunity for athletes to qualify for the age-group at the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship 2021 at St. George, Utah, USA.
Forte Village will be offering special prices for accommodation during the Ironman Triathlon, and many advantages with the Early Booking mode.
Ironman Triathlon: distances, competitions, and variants
Sardinia will host two exceptional sports events in 2020: Luna Rosa America’s Cup and the Ironman Triathlon, the famous international triathlon competition which will be performed at Forte Village Resort.
The triathlon has been a female and male Olympic specialty since 2000, it’s a multidisciplinary individual sport uniting three disciplines: swimming, cycling and running. The three trials are one after another and the distances vary in relation to the category:
- Supersprint: swimming 400 m, cycling 10 km, running 2,5 km
- Sprint MTB: swimming 750 m, cycling 15 km, running 5 km
- Sprint: swimming 750 m, cycling 20 km, running 5 km
- Olympic MTB: swimming 1500 m, cycling 30 km, running 10 km
- Olympic: swimming 1500 m, cycling 40 km, running 10 km
- Double Olympic: swimming 3000 m, cycling 80 km, running 20 km
- Ironman 70.3: swimming 1900 m, cycling 90 km, running 21,097 km
- Long: swimming 3000 m, cycling 120 km, running 30 km
- Ironman: swimming 3800 m, cycling 180 km, running 42,195 km
The double and the triple Ironman, the Decatriathlon or Decairorman and double Decatriathlon have distances that are not considered official and therefore do not comply with the regulations of the International Triathlon Union (ITU), international sports federation recognized by the International Olympic Committee.
Since the beginning of the IRONMAN® in 1978, athletes from all over the world have demonstrated how to cross the finish line of even the most challenging trails with a cry of “Anything is possibile®”, by having a strong will and an efficient sports training program.
The IRONMAN® and IRONMAN® 70.3 are the first long-distance and half distance series with over 150 qualifying races with the participation of over 50 countries. The world championship is the most important event for each series. The IRONMAN® is organized in Kailua-Kona in the Hawaiian islands since 1978, the location of Ironman triathlon 70.3 is decided every year.
Besides the IRONMAN® and the Ironman Triathlon 70.3, the triathlon has other important competitions divided into categories:
World championships: OlympicTriathlon, Triathlon sprint, and Triathlon long distance
- Games: Olympic, Commonwealth, Panamericana, Goodwill Games
- Continental: European, European long-distance, European middle distance, Ocean, ocean championship ocean triathlon long-distance, Oceanian championship triathlon sprint
- Italian: Italian championship triathlon, Italian championship triathlon sprint, Italian championship triathlon medium, Italian championship triathlon long
L’ITU recognizes some variations of the triathlon:
- Duathlon: a race with three trials but inky two disciplines: cycling and running.
- Winter triathlon: the winter triathlon is with three disciplines: running, Mountain bike and cross-country skiing
- Aquathlon: a sequence based on the running and swimming races
- Xterra: is a kind of triathlon with running, cycling on dirt tracks therefore with the use of a mountain bike. The routes are shorter than other triathlon categories in the road.
For further information about the IRONMAN® 70.3®, we advise you to visit our page Ironman or write to email@example.com
Would you like to have experience the Ironman Triathlon excitement and have a vacation in a dreamlike location in a true paradise? Discover Forte Village Resort in Sa