International Open tennis in Rome 2019: sport and haute cuisine united
Italian Open, also known as the international BNL tennis Italy, in Rome: 76th edition
The international BNL Italy tennis in Rome is considered by experts, fans and tennis players from all over the world as a truly prestigious event.
Tennis legends from all over the world like Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev, Maria Sharapova, Naomi Osaka, and Italian tennis players like Camila Giorgi, Sara Errani, Marco Cecchinato and Matteo Berrettini will challenge one another in the Foro Italico court from the 12th to the 19th May in occasion of the 76th edition of the BNL International Italy.
This great sport will be accompanied by haute cuisine: Forte Village with 8 Michelin starred chefs will participate in the 76° edition of the BNL Italian international tennis with a rich culinary program to satisfy even the most refined palates.
International tennis in Rome: the program of the event
The most important dates of the program are the 4th May, the day of pre-qualifications, the weekend of 11th and 12th May for qualification and the finals on the 19th of May.
The competition is divided into female and male matches, there will be many champions competing: Alexander Zverev, Roger Federer, Serena e Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Naomi Osaka, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Fabio Fognini, and Andreas Seppi.
LEA: the Lounge Extended Area in collaboration with Forte Village
The restaurant area within the Parco del Foro Italico, set up from the 12th to the 19th of May, is part of an innovative Corporate Hospitality which will offer tasting menus in two gourmet areas:
- Forte Village Bistrot with Massimiliano Mascia:
Massimiliano Mascia will come to Rome from his 2 Michelin starred restaurant San Domenico in Imola, and will offer an eclectic menu à la Carte. The menus for lunch and dinner are created with a research of innovative flavors, a conjunction between the quality of great Italian culinary traditions and quick fruition to satisfy the needs of sportsmen guests attending the event.
- Celebrity Chef Gourmet Evening
The second gourmet area, located in the Parco del Foro Italico, is another creative concept by Forte Village Resort. Haute cuisine chefs from all over Italy take turns in satisfying the needs of national and international guests and athletes from all around the world.
Sport celebrities are joined by celebrities of food and vanguard cooking such as Carlo Cracco, chef, gastronomer and television figure, known across the globe for his exquisite dishes featuring the best ingredients in Italian tradition. He will be followed by other great Italian chefs who will offer an ample and varied menu featuring a universe of flavors and culinary traditions.
Celebrity Chef Gourmet Evening: the complete program
Lunch Carlo Cracco – Ristorante Cracco in Galleria, Milan – 1 Michelin star from 12.30 to 15.00
Dinner – Andrea Berton – Ristorante Berton, Milan – 1 Michelin star
Dinner – Peter Brunel – Borgo San Jacopo, Florence – 1 Michelin star
Dinner – Giuseppe Mancino – Il Piccolo Principe, Viareggio – 2 Michelin stars
Dinner – Alfio Ghezzi – Locanda Margon, Ravina – 2 Michelin stars
Dinner – Francesco Sposito – Taverna Estia, Brusciano – 2 Michelin stars
Alongside lunches and dinners, Forte Village will also provide a lounge bar: cocktails, wines and selected drinks to be sipped poolside while listening to international DJs.
To avoid the risk of not finding a table, you can book your lunch or dinner by contacting email@example.com +39 335 1401225
How to get there and other useful information
Sports fans, tennis professionals from all over the world and curious spectators will be the public who attend the international tennis matches.
Here is some useful information for getting to the event and being a part:
- The public can enter the Parco del Foro Italico through two entrances: one located on Lungotevere Maresciallo Cadorna corner Via Canevaro, between the indoor pool and the Swimming Stadium, or alternatively the entrance via Viale delle Olimpiadi 60 (Ponte Della Musica) in Viale Della Olimpiadi (southern entrance), here there will be a Welcome Area, where you can find all information relative to the event: daily activities and those organized for adults and children.
- Fun Areas: alongside the matches, you can play tennis and meet your favorite artists in the Fun Area, a space located in Viale delle Olimpiadi which apart from having a tennis court, also has a velocity simulator (Ricoh Speed Cage – in Via Canevaro).
- Coach service: from the Stazione Termini to Foro Italico. The service will be available for the whole duration of the event but will be valid only for those who have traveled to Rome with Trenitalia.
- Parking: there are various options of paid parking surrounding the Foro. The closest one is in Piazzale del Foro Italico in proximity of the Stadio Olimpico and the Stadio dei Marmi. In alternative, you can use the parking lot in Piazza Mancini, or the car park in Piazzale Maresciallo Giardini or the one in Piazzale Clodio. You can also choose to park in the spaces delimited by blue lines in the streets. The hourly cost is 1 euro from 8 am to 7 pm.